Calphalon tri-ply stainless steel 13-piece
This stainless steel set is tri-ply which means it has an aluminum core between two stainless steel layers. This tri-ply provides even heating and corrosion resistance. The pots and pans can go from oven or stove, directly to your table. Calphalon Tri-Ply Stainless Steel set has tempered glass lids so you can see food cooking without removing lid. There is a full lifetime warranty from manufacturer.
- Aluminum core provides even heating and excellent browning and control.
- Elegant brushed stainless steel exterior, can go from oven, stove to table.
- Clear tempered glass lids, let you see food while it is cooking and are oven safe, so you can finish covered dishes in the oven, or keep them warm until ready to serve.
- Includes 8, 10 and 12 inch omelette pans, 1 1/2 and 2 1/2 quart sauce pans with lids, 3 quart chef’s pan, 3 quart saute pan with lid, and six quart stock pan with lid.
- Long brushed stainless steel handles that stay cool on the stovetop
- Dishwasher safe
- Carries Calphalon’s full lifetime warranty
The lids fit different sized pans. You can cook with lower temperatures which saves energy. This set cleans good in the dishwasher. It is a great price, excellent buy, durable and consistent. The cookware holds temperature. It is functional elegance, and they look good. The metal is nicely polished and all the edges are smooth. Food tastes better and cooks more thoroughly. You will use less cooking time because heat is retained in the cooking process.
The cookware is heavy and hard to keep clean. The handles are narrow and get hot on the stove. The bottom of the skillets warpes. You can have an inch of oil in the pan and food will still stick to the bottom. The items you place in the pans should be as dry as possible. The screw heads are on the inside instead of hidden and food tends to stick to that area.
Calphalon Tri-ply Stainless Steel 13 Piece Cookware needs to be pre-heated on medium heat. You have to understand how to properly cook and clean these pans. Cleaning instructions comes with the set. Don’t store on top of each other, it will scratch the finish. Bar Keeper’s Friend is recommended for cleaning and to keep them smooth and polished. Do not use aerosol oil sprays. As long as you cook properly and take care of them, they should make some delicious food for years to come.